Monday, September 8, 2014


This morning when I drove across the Broadway Draw Bridge in Alva over the Caloosahatchee River, I noticed the two boats were glaring in the morning sun. So I made a left turn right off the bridge. I loved the spot. There was Alva post office there. Next to it was a place which has recently been renovated to become a restaurant on water with a dock for boaters. It has been done for quite some time but for reasons unknown, there was no activities and the place hasn't been open yet for business. Therefore, I went down to its dock and set up. Facing me was someone's home or private docks with a few boats in the morning sun. I meant to do it quick and started with mixing a grey with titanium white, orange, and ultra marine blue to unify the view. I mixed white with lemon yellow for the lightest area. However, in the process, I spent too much time on the form of the bigger boat, which was complicated in structural shape, to keep my momentum. And I became unsatisfied with the color relationships. When I got home, I started a second one as things were still fresh in my memory. The composition is the traditional "steel bar" layout. I tried to do it quickly with a set of so-called "three values"in my mind. When it's done, I found it a little too commercial and was not too crazy about it, either. You are going to figure out which is the first one and which the second is.




No comments:

Post a Comment