Saturday, September 6, 2014

En Plein Air: Palm Trees by a Country Road (Oil, 11 x 12)

My agenda this morning was to paint a scene with people, so I went to Owl Creek Boatyard. In my memory, there were always people working outside on the boat. However, I was wrong this morning. No one was working outside. I saw a worker I knew whose name was Nelso. I was thinking of painting him working inside the workshop but by the time I made the decision, I could not find him any more. I remembered next to the boatyard, there was a deserted orange grove. Now the owner was raising goats there. I often saw goats leisurely lying behind the fence by the road. So, I decided to paint the goats. I tried to be nice and pulled up some grass to feed them, believing this way I could keep them in sight behind the fence. Unfortunately, when I threw the grass over the fence, I scared these animals. They rushed right into the woods and disappeared. Since I had already set up, I simply painted the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment