Friday, September 5, 2014

En Plein Air: Morning at the Stable (Oil 9 x 12)

This morning I went to my friend Dennis' farm. As usual, I helped myself and unchained the fence door to let myself drive all the way to his house. I knocked on the door. Dennis' parrot welcomed me with a "Hello.", but his dog seemed to have forgotten me and made some noise not very hospitable. Anyway  I got the message that he and his wife must be out there somewhere in his kingdom. Therefore, I opened my trunk and got out all my painting kit with a small dolly. I pulled everything with me across the creek. When I got to his stable, the sun happened to shine on its wall with one of the horses poking out its head. I immediately decided to paint the view. The sketch took an hour and a half.

In the middle of my painting, I saw Dennis and his wife drove their four-wheeler coming toward me. We were very happy to see each other again. He was taking care of some wild animals on his farm. We chatted a little but I was worried about the rapid changing of the sunlight, so I apologized and went back to my painting. I think the sketch turns out OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment