Monday, September 1, 2014

Oil Sketch : Morning at Harns Marsh (7 x 11)

I knew it would be hot and humid this afternoon. The weatherman said the temperature would feel like in low 100s even though it was actually only in low 90s. In order to beat the heat, I went to Harns Marsh at 8 AM and planned to do a small quick sketch. I tried to express the softness of morning sunlight on grass and plants. I might have overdone a little. Next time i would take timer with me.

Since it was Labor Day, there were quite a few fishing people including children. A guy who drove a heavy-duty truck came to my side. It was the first time I saw someone do fly-fishing. I asked him about it. He was an enthusiastic guy and told me to follow him. He tried a couple of times but there was no catch and I had to go back to finish my painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment