Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Plein Air Sketch: Planting a New Utility Pole (Oil 12 x 12)


Cloudy. It was very cloudy this morning. I didn't even need the umbrella when I was painting en plein air. Of course, I still used it because the sun glared from behind the clouds and it made my eyes uncomfortable. Around 8:30 AM I was driving along Joel Blvd toward Highway 80, not sure where I should go to paint. But I knew I didn't want to go too far to paint. When I was nearing the intersection of Joel and Edwards Dr. I noticed some electricity workers were working on a new utility pole.  I remembered they had been working to put a new power line for the past few days and that I actually thought of painting them working as I drove by. Therefore, I immediately pulled over across from them and set up to paint. It didn't take two hours for me to complete it.


No comments:

Post a Comment