Thursday, September 18, 2014

Alla Prima Portrait: Linda Reading (oil 20 x 16) and Plein Air Sketch: Fishermen's Village, Punta Gorda, FL (Oil 9 x 12)

It was Portrait Studio Day at VAC Punta Gorda. Today's model was Linda. When I got there, Linda was sitting waiting. The only other person there was our activity leader Trudy. Linda asked us if she could sit there reading. I said it was all right with me. Trudy didn't have any objections. Since other members were kind of relaxed and late, Trudy and I decided to let Linda read. Linda sat for us before. Usually she likes to smile. If you go to my painting gallery, you will see Linda I painted before. She was smiling without glasses. Today, because of reading she wore glasses. I think I did this painting pretty lively and smoothly. I changed my usual color tone.



After the portrait studio session, I went across the street to the Fishermen's Village and did a quick sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment