Saturday, September 13, 2014

Horse Study: Cashmere Eating Breakfast (Oil 11 x 14)

  I went to the River Haven Farm this morning with the idea in my mind of painting horses bathing again. This time I planned to paint horses' wet bodies with water sparkling in the sun. I met my friend Frank there. He said he didn't think Rebecca was going to bath the horses today or on weekend but he could let me paint horses eating. So instead of putting the hay inside, he dropped it outside. Besides, Frank took the bug mask off Cashmere's head so that I could paint her in natural state instead of having the mask on. It was very nice of him to be so thoughtful.

Obviously, eating grass in the sun made her thirsty. Cashmere had to go back to the water bucket from time to time. Therefore, I had to cope with the situation. Whenever she walked away, I immediately switched to paint the background till she came back to eat. Cashmere was a horse in beautiful shape. Overall, I think I caught her form all right. I knew I had to adapt to the subject which was prone to move around. I simply wanted to challenge myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment