Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Practice from Morgue: Sore from Dancing Practice


It was raining today, so I needed to find find things to do at home. Since I have finished all the three major full-tone assignments for the painting class, I can have time to pursue what I feel like practicing. I often found it difficult to do subtle color transition in acrylic because it dries so fast. So I painted a 16 x 20 figure from my morgue in acrylic. It took me six hours and I sort of lost patience toward the end. So I didn't work too much on details. In the painting I also tried to learn how warm colors and cool colors compliment each other in dark value. I remembered not to make colors dirty. It was hard with dark value areas. It was just a study. In terms of expression of nuances, no media can be compared with oil. I also took pictures at difference stages in case you are interested.









No comments:

Post a Comment