Saturday, October 6, 2012

Landscape: Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, Fort Myers, FL


Yesterday evening, I went to downtown Fort Myers to the Center for the reception of Carl Schwartz and Celeste Borah's art show. The couples' paintings are gorgeous in expression of color and light. Whe I walked out of the building, I realized the Art Center itself was kind of pretty paintable. Among all the buildings in downtwon Fort Myers, the Art Center is probably one of a few with an impressive architectural personality. So I decided to paint it this weekend. Since I knew there would always be cars parking in front of it, which is good because the rigid straight line of the curb could be broken. In case some dark cars came to park there, I drove my white Mazda there to occupy the space. This arrangement was out of the consideration that I didn't want an object with a large chuck of paint dark in value placed on lower part of the picture to knock it out of balance. Therefore, I put my own car in the picture. Overall, I like the composition and the morning atmosphere. Hope you like it, too.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Weimin, you nailed that one. "Picture-perfect" painting.

    ReplyDelete