Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Landscape: Shawn's Shack, Alva, FL


He promised me yesterday that he would be home today, so I went to paint Shawn's shack this morning. Anyone who is familiar with Florida country knows what he could find in a farmer's shack. Shawn's is very typical with stuff like boat, truck, truck top, tyres and some plastic tanks and farm spray equipment. The small coop-like thing on the right side of the picture is actually his dog house. Today when I got there, the first thing I did was to make sure his dogs were not a threat to me. They were out today and treated me nicely. Two of them came to sniff my pants, making me a little nervous. After that they didn't bother me at all. Eventually they just lay down next to me on the dirt road sleeping. Of course, I was more than happy to let sleeping dogs lie there. Hope you like the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment