Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Alzheimer Patient and Edison Mall Sketches


Originally I planned to paint this morning Shawn's old house. When I opened my window, I noticed it was drizzling, maybe because Hurricane Sandy was nearing to our coast. Therefore, I E-mailed the manager of Alzheimer Unit at the Winkler Court  Nursing Home, Kirsten, saying I was going to paint her patients. Quickly I received her response, "Perfect." At first Kirsten made arrangement for another resident to pose for me, but by the time I set up everything and was ready to paint, Edward looked pretty comfortable in that chair. Seeing that, especially Ed was dressed up to the nneths in his light turquoise suit, Kirsten asked me to paint him instead.

Ed was a nice guy and he was happy to pose for me. The only problem was he dozed off from time to time. Kirsten had to remind him a couple of times. I have, in fact, pretty much used to situations like that. Usually I got the outline to the paper as quickly as possible and tried to adjust later for their shiftings. I never expected my models at Winkler to stay too long in the same pose. So in spite of his fidgetiness, I finished the acrylic portrait in two hours. Hope you like it.

Since I had to go to the Leaf Asian Supermarket to get some Tofu before I went back home, I stopped by at the Edison Mall with my sketchbook. This was the first time that I went there in a year and I noticed the cho cho train was gone. Therefore, I went to the Food Court and grabbed some sketches. See the following.

Taste-Offering Clerk
 
At Cell Phone Booth (1)
 
At Cell Phone Both (2)
 
Horse-Back Riding
 
At Food Court
 
Tired Shoppers ( The woman in the middle looks very skinny and sick)
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment