Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Landscape: The Oaks of the Williams' Home, Alva, FL


Yesterday evening, I called Shawn, asking if I could go to their farm to paint today. He said no problem and would tell his parents not to let the two old mean dogs out unleashed today. Therefore, I felt pretty at ease today. The two dogs did bark a while, but they were soon tired of doing that and simply left me alone. The oak woods over the house were so big and hung low that the shade under the foliage was very dark. I kept reminding myself that was the feeling I tried to express with the painting. The Williams don't live in the house but use it for storage. I happened to be out of 9 x 12 size panels, so I had to use a 8 x 11panel. If I had had a choice, I would have used 9 x 18 non-standard size to emphasize the darkness of the woods. The old house already had a spooky atmosphere with junk in disarray outside. You almost don't need any decorations tonight for the Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment