Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Landscape: A Century-Old Farmhouse off Highway 78

 
 


Originally, I planned today to paint horses at my friends Jack and Sue's farm. Unfrtunately, by the time I got there, Sue was about to be on her way to Memorial Hospital. She told me Jack had been hispialized for three weeks. At first the doctor told them it took only two days to do the surgery. However, right after the surgery, the doctor told her the cancer had spread to other parts of the body. I felt so sorry for Jack. Sue said she was going to get him back home. Of course, it was not a good day to paint on their farm. On my way home, I saw a guy was talking on the phone by the dilapidated old house with a tractor shack, where sometime ago I wanted to paint but two fierce dogs came to chase me. I had to give up. So today I stopped by and introduced myself. The guy's name was Sean Williams. He told me to paint his house tomorrow when I would be home and the two dogs would be chained. I was so happy that finally I got to know him and got permission to paint his house. But I didn't want to call it a day and go home empty-handed. I saw another old farmhouse behind the orange groves, so I took Cemetary Road (doesn't sound so good, isn't it) and turned right into its yard. An Amigo worked for the owner of the farm said no problem if I wanted to paint the house. So that's it. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment