Saturday, October 20, 2012

Landscape: Morning at the Dock


This morning I couldn't help mself but decided to go to Owl Creek Boat Works again. Compared with some strange places with which to try my luck, I'd rather go to the boat works since I was sure there were alot of scenes and even people to paint, especially with such a rich variety of lines, shapes, and colors. Besides, it is available to me only on weekend. There would be so much going on with huge boats, machines, people that I would be in their way on the site. When I got there, I was immediately fascinated by the shadows cast over the boat and the giant lift towering over it.I knew it would soon get cloudy, so first thing first, I tried to catch the most changable items -- the shadows on boat, the storage cover in the background, and the color of water. When the sky turned overcast, the color of the water would become very different. Before long the clouds came climbing up and suddenly all the shadows disappeared. Fortunately I was quick enough to finish these things. The good thing was that in about a half hour the sky cleared up. I double checked the shadows. The dark water and the blue sky on the left side sort of balance out the dark blue lift on the right. Hope you like the picture.

When I arrived at the Boat Works, my friend Mark was working on his fishing boat. He said in a few weeks we might sail to either the Gulf or the Okeechobee Lake to fish if he could find a motor for the boat. However, he added that there were quite a few fish at their docks and they even jumped out of water. So tomorrow I will take a break and put a sign on my door "Gone Fishing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment