Saturday, June 18, 2016

En Plein Air: Forest Hills Gardens in Early Morning Sun (Oil, 9 x 12)


This morning when I was pulling my kit along Markwood Rd in Forest hills Gardens, not knowing where or what to paint, something caught my eyes from the right-hand side across the "Valley", which was in fact a big dip in the land between Markwood Rd and Deepdene Rd. I always liked to call it the Valley because it was way below the road surface level and people liked to play with their children or dogs there. And that something was the first sun ray on the "meadow" in contrast to the dark background. I felt a strong urge to express it. Therefore, I sat down and set up to paint it.





There was a concert this afternoon at Forest Hills Library. The title of the concert was Jazz Meets Opera with Jazz pianist Lafayette Harris Jr. and soprano Karen Parks performing together. It was great. I made a couple of sketches with one of a fan in wheelchair. Above are three of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment