Monday, December 31, 2012

Landscape: Snow on Abbott Blvd. Fort Lee, NJ

 
 
The sidewalk was slippery on some spots where the house owners on the street didn't clean the snow. If no one had walked on the snow and it wasn't that bad. However, if there were people who had already trodden on the snow, it was pressed into ice. Therefore, I had to be careful walking on it while pushing the shopping buggy with my painting kit in it. I liked Abbott Blvd. It was broad and the two ways were divided by a long stretch of grass with boulders on the edge of the grass and large trees of different kinds. In summer, the whole street was covered by the shady foliage, making it very pleasant to walk there. Even on the snowy day like this, I saw people jogging or walking their dogs there. The views were different along the road; at some places there were concrete tables and benches. I saw people play or gather together there like in a park before. As a matter of fact, it was. At one of the crossroads, I saw a small stone Korean War monument with flags of both countries flying there. There also erected a sign which said Korean War Memorial Park. I didn't read in detail but guessed it was in memory of local veterans who fought in Korea in 1950s.
 
I was standing on the street corner of Abbott Blvd. and Bridle St. I hated myself for forgetting to bring paper towel. Luckily, the lady living on the street corner came home and I bumped a stack of napkins from her. Otherwise, I didn't know where to wipe the brushes when I needed to. I had to include in my picture the lady in red who was walking her dog. Hope you like the picture.
 


1 comment: