Thursday, December 13, 2012

Landscape: The Fosters' Private Boat Ramp



I went to the Fosters again this morning. It was very cloudy but not raining. Everything in nature looked true to its local color. At first, I meant to paint the animals. There were two cows and a horse behind the fence and they were very friendly and curious. The horse liked being touched by people. While I was setting up my easel, I saw Janet Foster's daughter Dawn drive up to me and stopped her trunk next to the fence. She apologized to me by saying, "I don't mean to cause you trouble but it is their eating time and I have to feed them." I said that there was no problem and I hadn't started painting yet. However, the cows and horse simply followed her to the shack and started helping themselves to the brunch there. They didn't seemed to come back out within a short period of time. I didn't have a choice and needed to think of something else to paint. It wasn't very difficult to decide. I turned my easel a 60-degree angle to the left and faced the scene now you see in the picture. Between the Fosters and their neighbor, there was a dug-up canal. They each had a boat ramp leading into the canal. As you can see, there was an overturn flat-bottom boat nearby under the tree. I also saw a motor boat in the shack. Obviously they were not used for quite sometime because they were either overgrown with moss or covered with dust. There was also a towing carrier not far from the boat. Hope you like the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment