Monday, December 24, 2012

Cityscape: An Old Rusty Railroad Bridge over Metropolitan Ave. Queens


Yesterday I went there. It was a sunshiny afternoon. I clearly saw the rich contrast between large dark blocks of shaded spots and sunlit part. That was what I planned to do today. However, it turned out to be another cloudy day today. I waited till after lunch, the sky still didn't clear up. I didn't want to wait any longer, so I put my kit in a shopping buggy and pulled it all the way to the place. It is hard to believe that the scene you see is only a few blocks from the beautiful Forest Hills Garden. It was Christmas Eve. The traffic was heavy. I stood on the street corner of Michael's parking lot. Since it was one of the shortest days in a year, I had to rush and exclude things that were not "necessary."

I just want to share with you the award I won the day before I left for New York for my painting Metro Extension Bridge under Construction at Sanibel Captiva Art league show with the theme: Shadows and Reflections. Unfortunately, they misspelled my name in the paper.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment