Monday, December 3, 2012

Study: The Fosters' Farm and Cow


I called Mrs. Janet Foster this morning but she didn't answer the phone. Therefore, I left a message and simply drove there to try my luck. I didn't think she was napping at 9 AM in the morning. When I got there, she was already outside of her house, which was on the Caloosatchee River, watching her daughter planting some tropical plants in some large plastic containers. She explained to me that those large containers were actually used for growing tree saplings and her family was in the green nursery business.

In the picture I tried to express light as the major subject. I believe I had everything under control in the beginning. However, when larged blocks were laid out, I realized I kind of deviated from my original approach. One thing I felt strongly from this experience was that as an artist we could not be too miserly with paint. Sometimes, we do need to apply paint profusely to achieve the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment