Saturday, December 8, 2012

Landscape: Floridian Clouds

 
 
If you drive westward on Highway 78 from the small town of Alva, after passing the winding part between a few horse farms and beyond Old Olga Road, you will notice the fields suddenly spread out and the land was kind of open and hilly. The large space reminds me of Montana which people, sometimes, call Big Sky state. However, that part of Florida happens to have a big sky, too. I am not sure if today's clouds were seasonal. Usually I saw those clouds more often in August. They were what meteorologists called cirrus or cirri (pl.) with wispy filamentous tufted streaks hanging in the air. Anyway, the view looked paintable. So today I simply stopped my car there on the road shoulder and took the kit from the trunk. Quickly I set up and started to paint. I did it really fast, not even two hourse including preparation because I noticed the dark clouds were rolling over from the east and remembered the weather person said we would have PM rain. I had good luck. Right after I packed up my stuff and hopped into the car, it began to sprinkle. By the time I was on SR 80, it was pouring. I smiled to myself and realized that the rain helped me avoid digressing from my focus. Hope you like the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment