Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Oil Sketch: Young Pianist Christine




I was thinking of going out to paint here in Fort Lee, NJ this morning but my daughter warned me that it was very cold and cloudy outside and themperature was freezing. It went from bad to worse in the afternoon and began to snow. Maybe I should wait till the snow stopped, I told myself. Then it got so dark outside that I could not go on reading by the window at 2 PM (If possible, I always prefer natural light over lamp. It happened that my granddaughter Audrey and her cousin Christine came back home from outside. Christine was a well-trained young pianist. She had to practice three hours everyday. When I saw her playing the piano, Quang Ho's oil sketches of musicians popped into my mind. Immediately I set up my kit and did this sketch.It was really a pleasure to paint while listening to classic music. It took me only an hour and a half. As a matter of fact, I did very few oil figure sketches before even though I had painted numerous head studies. Overall, I felt good with the process. I didn't use many colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment