Saturday, December 1, 2012

Landscape: The Cabin on the Water


 
 
This is what I did this morning. Personally, I felt good about the painting process. The morning sun made it easier to block in large space with dark value. Even though I painted the picture on a 8 x 10 panel, smaller than my usual 9 x 12 size, I didn't feel it was difficult to include the details I wanted to. I made the selection because I spent quite some time recently on Peter Fiore's website and was very much amazed by his capability to depict minute details in 8 x 10 size. So I decided to challenge myself. I liked the compostion with objects naturally laid out there. Everything is very much the way I was it except the fact that I reduced the number of boats which stood in the background. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment