Thursday, November 29, 2012

Drawing Work: Torso Practice

 
 
This was the last session of classroom drawing before the semester wrap-up next week. To me it was simply an exploration. Overall there were gains and losses.I seldom did a soft pastel which presented the image in so imaginary lighting. In the process I enjoyed learning the  textual expression with pastel even though I had to readjust the color relationships constantly. The biggest loss was the paper. I meant to use a blue charcoal paper, but there were no blue paper left in the pad. I should have started a new pad but just hated to see leftover paper everywhere. I ended up using the green paper. As soon as I started, I knew I had made a big mistake with the choice color of the paper. Even though they were both cool colors, blue and green didn't go well with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment