Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Landscape: Watching the World Passing by

 
 
This afternoon I was driving along Highway 78, thinking of painting some farm animals. I saw some cows on the farm. There happened to come a country mail delivery lady. I asked her who owned the farm. She answered the Forster family and told me to drive down a winding country road and their house was at its end by the Caloosahatchee River. When I got there, all the doors were open except the screen doors. I knocked on the door frame and hollered, but no one responded except the dog barking behind the screen door. I had to leave. By the time I almost got back on Highway 78, I ran into Mrs. Janet Forster's grandson who told me that his Grandma must be napping and couldn't hear me. Therefore, I kept driving along 78 till nearly reaching the Owl Creek Boat Yard when I saw the horse standing there watching the traffic leisurely. I pulled over on the road shoulder and set up. The painting was finished not even two hours. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment