Saturday, November 10, 2012

Landscape: Owl Creek Boat Works Office, Alva, FL



This morning I went to Owl Creek Boat Works. They seemed to have good business. Not only did I see quite a number of boats which arrived there recently, but also see an unusual large number of boat owners there, either checking out the boats they docked there or getting ready to sail. Anyway, it was weekend. I loved the scene with a yacht jacked up right in front of their office and a SUV parked there. It worked perfectly there to break the rigid rectangle of the door frame. There was a rich variety of different geometric shapes in the picture. The soft green color of the building blended well with the boat and the SUV. I didn't have to do any changes.  A few employees of the boatyard looked at my painting and told me that it was a shame that Mr Butcher, the boatyard owner, wasn't in the office. Otherwise he would have liked it very much if he had seen it. I  hope you like it, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment