Saturday, November 24, 2012

Landcape: Beautiful Sunshine



As you may tell, this is Fort Myers Yacht Basin. Originally I didn't plan to paint it a second time. First I went to the First Presbyterian Church. The church was beautiful with huge oaks on two sides. After walking back and forth around the area, I realized it was difficult to compose the picture. Anyway, I didn't find an acceptable angle, so I went back to my car and drove down to the waterfront. I was impressed by the contrast between the white color of boats and building and the dark color of the water in midday time. Therefore, I decided to paint this view. It is not a standard size icture. Actually I used a 11 x 14 panel but left out the bommom part so that the composition fit the scene.

While I was painting there, I made friends with Jazz musician Jonathan.Dunnicliff. He happened to come and watch me paint. Suddenly, he asked me why I was painting outside the concrete short fence on the sidewalk instead of inside. I responded by pointing to the"Private Property"sign on the steel cable. He was very nice and told me that next time if I could get a better view inside, even on the dock, just give him a call. He lived in a 32-foot sailing boat docked nearby. I love this kind of friendly help-offerings because after my recent experiences with con-artists, con-dentists, con-rental agents, con-builders, con-insurance businessmen and other con-people, people like Jonathan remind me that there is still a beautiful side of human nature, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment