Monday, April 4, 2016

En Plein Air: Wild Palm Grove (Oil, 9 x 12)

The weather was making fun of me this morning. There was a small park which was recently developed and located not far from my home. Gee, I can't remember its name. Must be an alzheimer attack. As a matter of fact, somehow there was a pretty large area which remained intact in its natural state as if the construction was not completed or simply saved for further development. Anyway, there were a few wild palm groves there. When I pulled my kit there, it began to sprinkle. I hesitated to set up and decided to go back to my car and drove to run some errands. By the time I was back, the drizzling had stopped. As I was setting up, it started to drizzle again. I simply kept setting up my easel and began to paint, preparing myself mentally to be soaked through. Abruptly, the rain stopped, so I rushed through to finish the sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment