Wednesday, April 13, 2016

En Plein Air: Logs by the Fence (Oil, 9 x 12)

I meant to paint horses this afternoon. They were drinking from a lage container by the fence and then walking lazily around. However, by the time I set up near the fence, they all disappeared into the woods to get some shade from the sun. Therefore, I had to decide what to do next. I turned my easel at a right angle and planned to paint the logs with the fence. In April I could already feel the Florida sun began to burn through  like an iron on my skull, so I open the umbrella and tied it to the easel. It just wasn't my day! The wind blew over the umbrella together with my easel, knocking off everything including my turpentine bottle. Fortunately, I still have some saved in the paintbox. That was it.


No comments:

Post a Comment