Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Alla Prima Figure: "Cowboy" (Soft Pastel, 24 x 18)

Of course, Cowboy is his name or nickname. At least I saw the same name tag on his uniform. I went to Owl Creek Boat Works again this morning. Cowboy happened to be working outside in the sun by the gate of the workshop. I asked him how long he was going to stay and work at the table. He said probably the whole day. I then asked if I could draw him without bothering him. He could move around and do whatever he wanted to as usual. Cowboy said yes with a smile. He was very nice. When the building shadow crawled over to him, he moved his table out of the shadow so that I could kept drawing him without any drastic change in lighting. I was tickled by the idea of trying my hands on soft pastel again. Therefore, I decided to draw him in that medium. The whole thing took an hour and a half including their break.


No comments:

Post a Comment