Monday, April 11, 2016

Alla Prima Portrait: Arvel (oil, 20 x 16)

This probably is my last portrait done at Winkler Court Nursing Home before summer. It always gives me pleasure to see how nursing home residents and their families are happy to see me paint them. Only in nursing homes do you realize that human beings have come a full cycle of life because the elderly people are like children in day care center: people dress them, feed them, and lead them from activity to activity following a strict schedule. They are led to the TV room to watch TV and then are ushered to another room to sing together. Kirsten once called me, jokingly, their "resident artist", but I am glad I could bring them extra pleasure with my painting at this stage of their lives.
Today's model is Arvel.


No comments:

Post a Comment