Sunday, October 26, 2014

Really Quick Sketch: Three Young Men (Oil, 11 x 14)

I was back from the Veterans Park minutes ago. There were a large number of kids, from elementary to high school, there biking, skateboarding, or simply hanging around with each other. Places like that are the best place to do quick figure painting or drawing. They are all willing to pose for you. Of course, it is also the right time to train yourself to paint or draw fast. My advice for you is: Don't be scared. So long you are forward and willing to ask, most people are friendly and wouldn't say no. Those kids wanted to be painted so much that a girl offered to pay me to paint. Interestingly, a boy, seeing me painting the three guys, walked over to stand behind them holding his skateboard high up in order to be included in my painting. I had to say that I was not a photographer and would not include everything I saw in the picture. If he liked, I could paint him some other time. The whole sketch took about 40 minutes including a break they asked to ride their bikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment