Monday, October 20, 2014

Plein Air Oil Sketch: Fisherman David (14 x 11)

After I got miscellaneous things done, it was already mid-afternoon. Should I go out to paint? I finally decided to go to Harns Marsh. It is not very far. I saw a beautiful scene in which the huge lawn mower-tractor was working along the canal in the dust it stirred up, which brightened by the setting sun. As ti moved along the canal, it startled wild birds in grass and they darted into the air in a hurry. Unfortunately, the grass-cutting job was almost over. I believed by the time I set up if I had decided to paint that, the machine would have been gone. Therefore, I drove my car in the opposite direction on the road. I saw two men were fishing over there. So I took painting kit out of the trunk and hurried over. I painted one of them named David. They were both very friendly. During the time I was painting, David caught three tilapias. I enjoyed painting figures in the sun.


1 comment: