Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oil Sketch: House in Sunset Light (8 x 14)

I felt debilitated yesterday morning with a scratchy throat and weak limbs. The feeling told me that I might have caught a cold. So I didn't go out to paint. In the evening, when I was in my garage, it caught my eyes that my neighbor the Nelson's house was submerged in the orange sunset light with shadows on the walls, forming a naturally beautiful picture. Opening my car trunk, I took out the easel and set up immediately. I knew I had to rush because the sun would not wait. From my strokework you may tell how fast I painted, but it was offspring of an authentic emotional endeavor. In less than an hour my garage was too dark to distinguish colors any more. I had to stop. I felt like coming down a boxing rink, but my cold seemed gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment