Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Plein Air Oil Sketches: Horse Study and A Slow Day

Cloudy this morning. I didn't feel like going too far to paint but didn't know where to go, so I drove slowly on Joel Blvd till I came to the intersection of Tuckhoe Rd. Suddenly I decided to turn left on Tuckhoe instead of my usual way to the right. I drove only about 300 yards when I saw two horses, one dark brown and the other light beige. They stood still under a tree right behind the fence by the road shoulder. I immediately stopped the car and set up to paint them. I didn't even use my umbrella since it was so cloudy. Toward 11:00 AM, I was finished.

When I was packing things I remembered I saw a hot dog stand on the Congregational Church parking lot a couple of days ago. I was surprised to find it was not Gary, the vendor whom I knew well and once painted with his hot dog stand. It was now a lady selling hot dogs. Since it was early, I decided to paint the new vendor. The vendor's name was Debbie, who told me that she bought the stand from Gary who was now driving a big delivery truck. Debbie didn't mind I painting her. Since the business was slow this morning, she simply sat there reading her Bible. So I did a second quick oil sketch this morning.

Oil 12 x 20

Oil 12 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment