Friday, May 2, 2014

En Plein Air: Rocks at Harns March Preserves and Artist Judy Usavage Painting en Plein Air

I went with Lee Plein Air group to paint at Harns Marsh this morning. Altegther there were four people, Velda, Danny, Judy and I. I didn't go deep into the woods since vehicles were not allowed to drive all the way in and I had so many things to carry with me. I didn't even take the umbrella along considering it was pretty cloudy in the morning. I picked the rocks to paint. When it was finished, I switched to paint Judy. It was the first time I met and painted with Judy. We started at 9 AM and by 11:30 AM I was done with both the sketches. When it got windier, I was, fortunately, almost done. And having learned my lesson before, I used a large paper clip to clam the palette to the easel, so there was no accidents when it became windy except for a couple of times, I ran to chase my blown-away straw hat.

Oil, 9 x 12

Oil, 11 x 14

No comments:

Post a Comment