Thursday, May 22, 2014

Alla Prima Portrait: Anthony (Oil, 20 x 16)

Anthony is a regular model at VAC Punta Gorda. Even though I saw him a couple of times at the Center, I never got a chance to paint him. As far as I remember, he usually came when we needed two models. Wheneve we have two models during the busy season, chances are models show up after we have set up. Most probably in the past, I always happened to set up at the site for the other model instead Anthony. Today we used only one model and it was Anthony. I didn't know what he did for a living. Some people told me he made jewelry. If so, he must be a jewelry artist. As we were painting, I could not but speak my mind and told Anthony that he looked like Willy Nelson. It turned out that I was not the first person to say that. I got his likeness all right, which alone is not enough to please myself any more. It's not my best, but as practice, it's all right.


No comments:

Post a Comment