Sunday, May 25, 2014

En Plein Air: Orange Cones (the Construction Site of I-75 New Ramp to the SW Florida Airport)

Oil 9 x 12

I tried to get rid of the bad feeling from having to complete the plein air painting at home from the pictures I took last week. I felt I had to go to the construction site again to refresh my sensation of the sunshine. That is why I went again this morning.

I meant to paint the heavy machinery on the construction site with strong reflection of the sun. However, when I got there this morning, I could not find an acceptable perspective. So I decided to paint the dirt road which was formed by the heavy machinery and trucks trampling back and forth on the the dirt piled there. This is the first time I feel strongly impressed by the magnitude of highway construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment