Thursday, May 15, 2014

Alla Prima Portrait: Jess (Oil 20 x 16)

This is the second time I painted Jess. Like usual, I took to VAC only a size 16 x 20 canvas paper for a head study since most of times models came simply wearing their daily dress, nothing dramatic or theatrical and/or sitting in the high chair with no specific postures. I didn't anticipate to do figure painting. Today, Jess came in a beautiful red dress with a hairband and Trudy brought from library an easy chair. Before we started, Trudy asked f anybody would like to do a figure since the situation was different and Jess was dressed up. At first, I was hesitant since 16 x 20 was really too small to do a figure. When I looked around, everybody seemed to be still doing head study, not responding to Trudy's call. So, I told myself, what the heck, I'll do it. I didn't have clear edge small-size brushes, so it was a little difficult when I was working on the face, but I enjoyed doing that. Some kind of experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment