Thursday, October 31, 2013

Alla Prima Portrait: Energetic Linda (Acrylic, 20 x 16)


 
 
Linda was Punta Gorda VAC Portrait Studio's model this morning. She is a happy lady and a hearty laugher. Only by talking to her for ten seconds or so would you not miss her optimism and confidence. Her laughing is contagious and makes people around laugh with her. During our brief conversation in break, she told me she was retired now. And she started working as a nurse. Later over her career she was involved and developed several business projects. I forgot most of her business endeavors but remembered the last one she mentioned. It was the local hospice service. Since she is such a lady with confidence and happiness, I give her portrait the title: Energetic Linda. Trudy and I found a piece of vermillion red cloth this morning and we decided to use it as background for a change. It turned out to be not bad at all. 
 
 
Before the portrait studio began, Marilyn came and gave me a newspaper clip. I was surprised to find my photo was with the story in the paper about VAC's John Singer Sargent Festival. I felt flattered. I remembered both front-desk Kathy and Director Michelle reminded me a couple of times that I didn't have picture taken yet with the painting I donated. Everybody involved had his/her picture taken, so I didn't feel anything. It was really a happy surprise to see the picture with me holding Sargent's Spanish Dancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment