Sunday, October 27, 2013

Alla Prima Portrait: Captain Mike Working in His Cabin (Acrylic 20 x 16)

 
This morning I went to the Rogue Dog to paint Captain Mike. Before he agreed to pose for me, Mike had concerns and doubt if he could sit still for too long. After I assured him that he could do whatever he wanted as normal and didn't have to sit still for me, he accepted. It was an interesting experience for me, too. My Julian easel took the whole space of the hall way. The source of lighting was the two lights on the wall over Mike and the screen of the computer. Mike was writing science fiction while I was painting him. It was also the first time I saw someone dictating to the computer instead of typing on keyboard. It was an alla prima sketch in acrylic. His wife Ally said I got his likeness. It was really a good study experience. Hope you like the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment