Monday, November 4, 2013

Plein Air Seascape: The Galaxy on Dock (Acrylic, 12 x 16)


It was scheduled for this afternoon to get painting paper or canvas stamped for the Paint the Beach Art Festival. Of course, there was also a party for artists on the second floor of Nervous Nellies. Thanks to the committee and our volunteers, the festival really started on the right foot. It was very thoughtful of them to prepare everything for the artists. I went to Ft Myers Beach early today in order to check out the spots I plan to paint for the rest of the week. When I got the Seafood Market & Restaurant on Main St. with the wooden dock in my mind, what I saw was quite a few more shrimp boats were docked there than before. Maybe they simply happened to come back to unload their catch. There was a rusty beat-up boat named The Galaxy. I immediately took out my easel and made this acrylic sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment