Sunday, November 17, 2013

En Plein Air: I-75 Overhead Pass/ Exit 138 (Acrylic 9 x 12)


That was something I had long wanted to paint. The three exits of #136, #138, and #141, are usually the ones by which I got on I-75. Each time I went by the overhead pass, I told myself that I would come to paint it someday. I was fascinated by the lines and different shapes, especially geometrical shapes, in the scene. My original plans were to do it yesterday but it was raining. So I went there this morning. Interestingly, a couple of times when people drove by, they honked and did victory gestures with their hands to cheer me or encourage me. Of course, I had to respond with my gesture of thanks. It was a simple scene. I finished it by 11.30 AM in spite of the fact that I drove back and forth a few times to select the right spot before I finally set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment