Tuesday, November 5, 2013

En Plein Air: Shrimp Boat Dock and San Carlos Bridge (Unfinished)

Acrylic, 12 x 16
 
Acrylic 16 x 12
 
 
It was the first day, today, of the Paint the Beach Festival Plein Air Painting. I went to Main St. to paint the shrimp boats. There were quite a crowd there painting including Neil and David. As I said in the previous post, the dock was crowded with an unusually large number of shrimp boats. Maybe they were unloading their catches. The boat in middle is the Miss Dawn. Therefore, I'd rather call my painting Miss Dawn in Labor.
 
By noon, I basically finished painting it. Considering the strong wind, I stopped and went for lunch. In the afternoon I went to the waterfront by Nervous Nellies. It was cloudy in the afternoon and the light was totally different than yesterday. I set up to paint anyway. As you may realize, James Whistler's bridge kept coming into my mind for the composition. Later things got worse. The Tarpon Marina's tour boat left its dock in the middle of my painting. Besides, it began to drizzle. Therefore, I had to stop and hoped someday I can continue to work on this painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment