Wednesday, November 6, 2013

En Plein Air: Recharged for the Next Voyage (Acrylic 12 x 16)


It was the second day of Paint the Beach Festival plein air painting. On my way to Ft. Myers Beach, I decided to go to the area of Doc. Ford Rum Bar. The building in the background was the Estero Bay Natural Preserves Office with a laundry room for sailors. it was right next to the San Carlos Bridge. As a matter of fact, I stood on the dock in front of the office and painted a shrimp boat with the Lee Plein Air group. Today, I stood at the fishing pier right under the bridge and got a sort of bird's eye view. I loved the color of the sail cover. Overall, the whole picture was unified in a blue color scheme. The painting took a little longer than usual. I was done by 1 PM.

When I was painting, several couples who passed by to look at me paint the scene stopped to ask me whether I was the guy being interviewed and broadcast on TV last night. I guess my Anglo-Saxon face wouldn't let people forget me.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2013-11-05/Artist-create-artwork-for-Paint-the-Beach#.UnonFnYo7IU


No comments:

Post a Comment