Monday, September 16, 2013

Today's Painting: Red Pine Needles

Acrylic 10 x 16
 
 

For quite some time, I've been double-minded. Among all the media, I like oil the best. Especially after I made my own guerilla outdoor painting kit, I kept using it. However, in the back of my mind, I knew that my acrylic palette was drying. Since the end of the painting class at FGCU in spring, I have never touched it. I still have many acrylic paint tubes and I hated wasting them. So today, I finally decided to open it and to use it. This scene was on my biking route and was very common in the morning when the sun rays cut through the pine trees and made shining stripes in the woods. The pine needles on the ground glowed with a reddish orange color, very eye-catching. The orange color was reflected up to the leaves and sort of neutralized the dark green foliage of the trees, making it much warmer. After this painting, the comfortable feeling with acrylic came back to me and I think I will keep using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment