Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Today's Plein Air Painting and Sketches

It seemed I hadn't got enough of shrimp boats, so this morning I went to Ft. Myers Beach again to paint. Usually I prefer size 9 x 12 for plein air painting, but I was out of that size, so I used a 8 x 10 canvas panel. While I was painting, a guy rode a bike and stopped by water, staring with affection for quite a while at the docked boat which didn't even have a mast. Then he looked up and told me the name of the boat is the Restless Lady. Evidently, he was maintaining the boat and was a little restless himself. Based on my experience with sailors, I could understand what it meant to him.

In the afternoon, I went to my dentist. While waiting for my time, I grabbed two sketches. One is a new patient who was asked to fill out forms with hundreds of questions which were as long as Declaration of Independence.

Waiting for the New Voyage
Oil 8 x 10

Waiting for the Dentist

New Patient filling out "Declaration of Independence"


No comments:

Post a Comment