Thursday, January 31, 2013

Painting: Indian Beauty Shebani


I am back in Florida now. Love the sunshine. Yesterday I had my painting class at FGCU. Today I went to Punta Gorda's VAC  Portrait Studio. I felt good that I was missed there during my absence. Fiends came over to greet me. It is now a good season there at VAC. For the first time since I became a VAC member, I was unable to find a parking space. I ended up leaving my car on the grass. There have always been two models for each portrait session in spring. I saw quite a few new faces.

This was my first time to paint Shebani. Apart from the break times, altogether I spent about two hours on this 14 x 18 canvased panel. From the very beginning, I suspected the model had Indian background. Toward the end of the session, I asked Shebani about her ethnicity. She confirmed that she was Indian. She said she should have put on a red dot between her brows and quickly added that I could add it on my own. Of course, it was unnecessary. Hope you like the painting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment