Sunday, January 13, 2013

Painting and Sketches


 Walking the Dogs as Usual (Central Park, NYC)
Oil on Panel 7 x 9

 Dozing off at the Library

 An African-American Woman Reading in the Library

 An Muslim Woman Studying in the Library

A Guy Playing with His Cell on Subway

I was down with the flu and stayed home for more than a week, except for short trips to the library. Most of the time I simply slept and did some reading if I felt OK. Maybe because of my age, this time I had more physical symptoms than before. Anyway, I am back to myself now and believe I am strong enough to paint outdoors again. To warm up, today I turned a photo, which I took when it was snowing at the Central Park, into a painting. I did it pretty smoothly and fast. I feel good about it. Hope you feel the same way. The sketches were done yesterday when I went to a public library in Jamaica, NY or on my way there. Jamaica is an ethnically diverse area, mainly Hispanic and south Asians like Indians or Iranians. I saw many people whom you could ask to pose in the studio with no need for any makeups. They were prefect!

No comments:

Post a Comment