Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Sketches





I caught a bad cold, so I didn't go out to paint the past few days even though it was pretty warm outside. The cold was not totally clear but I missed my usual work. Last night we went to a Broadway show titled the Newsies, so I had a chance to go outside. It was very crowd on the subway and I was able to catch a few sketches. The first sketch is the guy who looked like a Reggae musician with his large cap. The fashion bug lady sat diagonally across from me. Of course, these sketches are selected from what I did last night. When sketching in real life, you have to be prepared for the possibility that something might happen and you can't finish your sketch: your "model" may suddenly take off or someone else comes in between and block your view. Most people don't mind you draw them if you know what you are doing. Occasionally, they are even interested and ask for permission to take pictures of my sketches. Only once did I run into a guy who, when realizing I was drawing him, changed his seat and moved far away from me. Well, I respect that.


No comments:

Post a Comment