Saturday, July 8, 2017

En Plein Air: The Hawkins' Residence (Acrylic 9 x 12)


I couldn't help but go to Taylor Road again this morning. Even though I could not see the outdoor staircase from that angle, I still like the composition with the house partially shaded by the colorful trees and a pond and a jetty in the foreground. Put all together, it was so quiet there. 

When I was about to finish the painting, a gentleman came. He first went to the house and obviously, he came to check out the Hawkins first. He must be one of the family's friends or neighbors. Then he stopped by where I was toiling. As he was approaching, I asked, "Am I trespassing?" "Yes, you are," he answered. "And you shouldn't be here." I apologized for my trespassing and introduced myself by giving him my card. Then he said, "I think you are a good person." However, having said these words, he precautiously took a picture of me with his cell and then left me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment